Posts tagged Snapseed
Winter is getting cold but it’s always hot on our top 10 App list! This week we have you relive the nostalgia from old postcards, to the up-to-date filers that will “wow” your hipster instagrammers. We also never neglect out gammer fans out there, with a few apps that will surely be eligible time-killers. Be sure to read the very last app if you’re an avid business person that is always on the go and tracking your expenses! Let us know what your thoughts are and enjoy!
1. Snapseed (Get it for your android) Free
One of the best iOS photo editing apps is now finally available for Android, and yes it is free! You can thank Google for purchasing the app earlier this year and dropping the $5 price tag. Now you can edit your photos like a pro with filters that will surly wow your Instagramer hippies.
2. Ink Cards (Get it for your android) Free
Who says old fashioned postcards are a thing of the past? Now, with Ink Cards you can send created images as a real postcard right from your Smartphone. You can send your beautifully designed 5×7 cards to real mailboxes for $1.99. The App also suggests sending the photos to your closest FB friends.
3. Survival Run with Bear Grylls (Get it for your android) Free
“Oh no, not another Temple Run Clone!” you will cry at first! Well, it sort of is, but isn’t; the idea is the same but the implementation is different. In this game you have control over Bear Grylls while trying to surpass Grizzly Bear; you can also slife down hills, swim through river and even base jump.
4. Zooper Widget (Get it for your android) Free
If you’re a widget lover then you might want to try Zooper Wiget; it’s free for download even though there’s a pro version as well. You can enjoy plenty of customization options and even create your own templates. This app definitely adds a nice flare to any device.
5. G Cloud Backup (Get it for your android) Free
With over 70 million smartphones getting lost every single year and only 7% being actually recovered, we ought to immediately think of a way to protect ourselves and our digital life. For everyone who has coveted the simplicity of the iCloud, the backup software for iOS, here is an app for Android that is not only an equivalent, but as stated by one of the users: it puts the “Smart” in Smartphones.
6. Townsmen (Get it for your android) $1.10
Micromanaging lovers behold, this one is for you. Townsmen is a really fun game that offers quite deep gameplay while building a complex and functioning village with diverse supply chains. Those of you who’ve already played games such as Settlers will not find it peculiar.
7. Snapeous (Get it for your android) Free
Snapeous is the first social network built around objects. A nice little app to discover great content; discover photos and videos from people like you that have great things to share. Now real objects turn to a living experience as they claim but it’s still in beta and they’re fixing the bugs and problems that have been reported.
8. SkyBurger (Get it for your android) Free
Well this one is just a terrible game to play, on an empty stomach that is! Sky burgers is obviously all about making large hamburgers, and for the meat lovers among us will end up putting the game down to satisfy the doomed cravings it creates.
9. TapTu (Get it for your android) Free
RSS reader has received a makeover, by the Social club that is! Taputu provides easy access to your favorite web content as well as adding you Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter feeds so no news gets left out. The interface is simple, though a little cluttered, yet the offline options are appealing for those that spend time reading while disconnected.
10. Expensify (Get it for your android) Free
We all know how troublesome tracking work expenses might get, so it’s about time for us to cover an app that simplifies the process. With expensify you can use your device’s camera to scan receipts, capturing the date and amount charged for each receipt you upload. Mileage can be tracked with also importing expenses from bank and credit card accounts. The App connects to QuickBooks, but you can also send an expense report directly from the app itself.
Life will not be a Picnik anymore for all you journalists and bloggers out there as of today, April 19th !
Yes, we’re sad to say, the web-based photo-editing tool that saved immeasurable journalists on a deadline is shutting down. It was quite simple, true, yet it came in handy when you needed some basic edits instead of firing up photoshop.
The Silver lining though, was that the premium services – which include cool special effects plus a ton of touch-up features – were free for everyone.
Yes, we know that switching to a new digital tool can be extremely daunting, especially if it’s a tool you use every day and are comfortable with, but let’s face it, we’re living in a fast paced world and we have to cope. Just take an hour off your schedule, it’ll be more than enough to find an alternative. In case you’re still bewildered, here are our alternatives :
1. Fotoflexer This site offers a similar web-based photo editor with much of the same options as Picnik, though nowhere near as snappy to load. Advanced features include blemish fix and some easy-to-use layer functions; the web interface is available in 22 languages. If it looks familiar, you may already be using it on Picasa, Flickr, Photobucket and Facebook. One cool feature from the web browser version: you can edit live images taken with your computer’s built-in camera.
2. Photoshop Express Online There’s no need to spend a couple hundred bucks on Photoshop when you can access Photoshop Express Online for free. While it’s not nearly as feature-rich as the software program, it offers plenty of photo editing options that will likely be more than sufficient for what you need. Other fun effects online include Dodge and Burn (making certain spots lighter or darker), Crystallize and Pixelate. Photoshop Express also offers a fantastic free app for editing photos on-the-go with Photoshop Express for iOS and Photoshop Express for Android.
3. Pixlr Express Another great site is Pixlr Express. It recently launched and is a quick and easy way to moderately or drastically edit photos, depending on your needs. In addition to fun photo effects like “bubbly” or “foggy,” there are also quick ways to enhance portraits with features like red-eye removal and teeth whitening (hi coffee drinkers!). Of all the sites listed here, I find the interface to be the most intuitive and modern. Also available as a free Android or iPhone app.
4. Snapseed If you haven’t taken the leap to Snapseed, get thee to the download! It’s an amazing way to tweak and edit photos, and partly why some of those Instagram photos you see look so amazing.
5. PicMonkey We’ve saved the best for last; you will love how quick, easy and completely free this handy site and app is. In fact, you might not even miss Picnik afterall!
So, stay calm and blog on…
Looking for a simple, elegant backup solution?
Genie Timeline 2012 is a new version of the number one continuous data protection program Timeline 2.1. It offers the first metro style user interface; enhanced performance, and added features. Like us on Facebook and Follow us on Twitter for the latest news.