Adobe Connect 9
Avid Adobe fans were probably ecstatic on Tuesday when a new version of Adobe’s web conference software service –Adobe Connect 9- was released carrying very strong mobile interpretations.
Those of you carrying an Android, iOS or a Blackberry device will be pleased to find out that the entire webinar experience can be managed from the mobile device just as smoothly as if you are on your desktop. Both Adobe Connect and its mobile equivalent, Adobe Connect Mobile 2.0, have been enhanced with a significant number of modifications and features that we shall attempt to summarize for you.
1) Tailor made Event Landing Pages and Catalogs: Templates facilitate a speedy creation of landing pages, speaker information, registration pages and login pages. Templates can be personalized through rich components, including images, tables, charts and carousels.
2) Template-based Email Content and Triggers: Drag-and-drop capabilities can be implemented to easily develop email templates that can be either standard or custom.
3) Engagement Dashboard: Event engagement can now be monitored in real time. Event hosts can track how effective their messages actually are through a colour-coded meter. Future events can be now improved through tracking down critical information.
4) Online Analytics: The new analytics make it possible to score participants according to criteria of your own choosing; for example, you might classify as a hot sales lead anyone who attended for more than 15 minutes, showed a certain level of engagement, and answered “yes” to a key poll question. Through an application programming interface, Adobe Connect can then feed leads into sales and marketing applications from the likes of Salesforce.com, Eloqua, or Marketo, according to Adobe.
5) Advanced Mobile Support for Meetings and Training: Further flexibility via mobile devices can now be enjoyed by meeting hosts, as well as leveraging whiteboard and annotation tools add to that the ability to share documents from tablets, plus the cloud of course. The new features aid educators to manage virtual classrooms from devices with the same presenter and sharing option including breakout room controls.
Ultimately, the Adobe team have created great enhancement making them ahead of a lot of other webinar software companies, specifically in the mobile area. HR, retail management and pharmaceutical cases can have huge benefits from this software; no more need to fly thousands of employees for an annual agenda!
Joining a conference from a tablet is one thing- hosting and managing the whole thing from the tablet (or better yet) your phone is a whole new thing. Tablet whiteboard and annotations make for a compelling argument for a 10-inch device. Furthermore, WiFi connection nor hotspots shall be a hassle, since 3G and 4G work perfectly fine. Imagine staying on the golf course, and yet still going about your business with potential clients. There may be other players in the field, but Adobe has certainly raised the game.
Looking for a simple, elegant backup solution?
Genie Timeline 2012 is a new version of the number one continuous data protection program Timeline 2.1. It offers the first metro style user interface; enhanced performance, and added features. Like us on Facebook and Follow us on Twitter for the latest news.